Saturday, November 17, 2012

Aug 20th-22nd, 2010

Aug 20th
I slept in today and got up to get ready to make my rounds at the FBO's. It was a pretty short round but I gave my resume to 3 contacts. I will follow up in a couple of weeks. I went home, took a nap and then got ready to head out for a friend's birthday. I met up with them at their home, which was lovely. We drove to this Asian Bistro to meet the rest of the dinner party. It was a fun dinner, although one couple fought and left (reminded me of me and Richard, lol). After dinner, we walked over to the club and partied; it was a nice club. Then we went home to my friend and her fiance's home, and I remember getting naked, lol. Then I went to sleep in the guest bedroom :-)

Aug 21st
Woke up at my friend's house; not too badly hungover because I definitely didn't get too crazy last night. They made me breakfast...very hospitable hosts; we chatted and then I headed out. They seem very happy together, very comfy with each other; I liked that.  They've been engaged for 10 years!!! Neither of them seem like they cared about tying the knot...not sure if that's such a good move for her, but oh well.
I got home and pretty much vegged out. Stayed online searching for different job opportunities for when I graduate massage school. I also worked on my logo which turned out fantastic. I chatted with Ben and watched "The Secret"...it was a good movie; it definitely resonated with me because I've used the Secret many times without even knowing it. It definitely helped me see how I can focus even more on the things I want to make them appear. I watched some TV and fell asleep.

Aug 22nd
Woke up today and got ready for my meeting with the captain of the "naked ship". I got a call from my castmate about meeting up for lunch so I told her I would do that after my meeting. I went with an open mind. I got there early and he actually reminded me a bit of Mr. Bentley. He went on to explain the fees and taking the guys to the rooms to get laid (for a fee of course). I get to keep all my cash but he gets 25% of anything taken to the rooms..almost like a strip club only, we can do whatever we want. He seemed upfront about everything. I think he liked me a bit because he joked around about being my first client. He asked me to send him some nude photos for his website and that he could get me working this week...pretty quick so I'm definitely interested and hope things work out.
On my way back, I finally get a call from the casting director and he said my performance was great but they couldn't use me the in show because I'm black...it was based in Germany back in the day and they tried and tried but couldn't fit a girl as dark as me in the show. I understood...a bit bummed but I understood. He invited me to audition for the next show they have and to come see this show. It was a pleasant conversation and I was in good spirits either way. I told Benjamin and he was very proud that I handled it positively and said they had a similar skit in church, what a coincidence! We talked about my dad freaking out over my bathing suit picture and blaming my mom for improper upbringing...they are all bent out of shape about it like he matters, geesh!
I met up with my castmates and we ended up inviting another one of my castmates and we stuffed our faces at this salad buffet place...wasn't bad at all. I dropped them off and came home to sort through and organize some stuff....I got a lot done, yay!!! Did more stuff for my vision board, watched TV and hit the sheets...good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment